Cedar planked trout is a delicious and healthy dish that is perfect for a summer barbecue or outdoor cookout. A hero dish that has been served to many Nomadic guests over the years. Normally accompanied by fire-roasted baby potatoes and herby yoghurt.
Here’s a simple recipe for making this flavorful and juicy fish:
– 1 whole trout, head and tail removed
– 1 cedar plank, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
– 1 lemon, sliced
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Fresh herbs, such as dill, thyme, or rosemary (optional)
1. Begin by preheating your grill to medium-high heat.
2. Rinse the trout inside and out under cold running water, and pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Season the trout with salt and pepper on both sides and drizzle it with olive oil.
4. Place the soaked cedar plank on the grill and let it heat up for a few minutes until it starts to smoke.
5. Place the seasoned trout on the hot cedar plank, skin side down. Arrange the sliced lemon on top of the fish, and add any fresh herbs if desired.
6. Close the grill lid and let the trout cook for about 20-30 minutes, or until it is cooked through and flaky.
7. Once the trout is cooked, carefully remove the cedar plank from the grill using tongs or oven mitts.
8. To serve, gently transfer the trout to a platter, and garnish with additional fresh herbs and lemon slices if desired.
Cedar planked trout is a delicious and healthy way to enjoy fresh fish. The cedar plank infuses the fish with a smoky flavor, while the lemon and herbs add a burst of freshness. This dish is easy to make with just a few simple ingredients, and it’s sure to impress your guests at your next cookout or dinner party.